Friday, April 19, 2013

Oversized Barbies and Arts and Crafts

So, it has been two weeks since I started my new job as part of the visual team for Macy's, and I have come to the conclusion that it is SO MUCH FUN. As the title of the post can attest, I basically get to dress oversized Barbies and play arts and crafts five days a week, but with smart business decisions behind both activities. Love! LOVE!

We're prepping for Mother's Day (don't worry, it's a month away... you still have time to go shopping), and just finished setting the ledge over the fine jewelry counter (next to the escalator, a highly-visible display area). Here are some photos of the project!:

The floral star in progress!
 
It's done!
IMAG0328

A view from the escalator
IMAG0332

"Soccer Mom"
IMAG0330

"Working Mom"
IMAG0331

"Preppy Mom"
IMAG0329

"Crunchy Hippie Mom"
(She was replaced by "Preppy Mom" because she looked really boring up there on the ledge)
IMAG0307

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you are enjoying your new job and you are so good at it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily, it was lovely to meet you at BBBos!
    Looking forward to seeing more of your Instagram :)

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments. <3