Friday, February 8, 2013

FB #2 - Spring 2014 Key Item

I am a fitness enthusiast. I enjoy going to the gym and taking classes in Zumba, dance, body conditioning and kickboxing. I enjoy running in the spring and fall. Hiking, while not necessarily my favorite activity, is something I don’t mind doing in the company of good people – and living in New England, I have a great selection of hiking locations to choose from. I am a certified Hip Hop Hustle instructor, and have also led running classes. I like to look my best when I’m working on my health, so frumpy t-shirts and baggy sweats just don’t cut it. That said, I probably own more fitness apparel and pairs of sneakers than is considered normal or socially acceptable.

My favorite fitness apparel trends toward yoga styles – fitted, slim silhouettes – so that I can see my form and how my body moves. WGSN reports that a key item for S/S 14 in womenswear is yogawear in bright and bold colors with an emphasis on back detail, anti-slip fabrications, ombre and scenic prints (WSGN.com). I am beyond thrilled! While Boston will never hold a candle to the healthy lifestyle of SoCal, the Northeast technology corridor is finally realizing that fitness is not only important, it’s fun! I love seeing fashionable fitness tops layered over bright sports bras when I'm out for a run on the Minuteman Bike Path, or at the gym. I’m looking forward to the bright and bold colors and back details for S/S 14 yogawear. Here are some photos what to expect for S/S 14 yoga tops:

sporttopsspring2014

Along similar lines, just the other day I discovered this neat product on Instagram called the FlipBelt. It’s a machine washable, stretchy belt which has multi-access pocket openings at various points on the belt. You just slide your phone, ID, keys in the slits and flip the belt so that the slits are on the inside, against your body. My favorite thing about this product is the assortment of (bright) colors it comes in! This will definitely complement the bright and bold color yogawear trend for S/S 14.


Image credits:
#1 - Victoria's Secret
#2 - Mika Yoga Wear
#3 - Boda Clothing
#4 - New Balance
#5 - Lyra Active Wear
#6 - Cozy Orange
#8 - Athleta
#7 - Lululemon
#9 - O'Neill

Video credit:
http://flipbelt.com/

2 comments:

  1. I've also seen lots of Spring fitness trends that are taking a direction into a bolder, brighter, path. This is amazing news as all I can ever find is black, grey, and more black here in New York. THese bright pops of color will help motivate me to keep going as I'm always on my treadmill, on my way to the gym, or my 2 PE classes I'm taking at FIT. Thanks for some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!
      I've heard that NYC is all about black and grey. How boring! I've always loved bright colors when I work out. I feel like it takes away attention from my red face, frizzy hair, and sweat when I work out. :)

      Delete

I heart comments. <3